60 g unsalted butter
75g strong white flour
1 tbsp sugar
VANILLA PUDDING CREAM FILLING
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
150g white chocolate broken into pieces
1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Put the sugar, water and butter in the pan and gently heat until the butter has melted completely.
- Turn up the heat, then quickly pour in the flour and salt all in one go.
- Remove from the heat and beat the mixture vigorously until a smooth paste is formed. Once the mixture comes away from the side of the pan, transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy and has a soft dropping consistency – you may not need it all.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Using a piping bag and plain 1cm/½in nozzle, pipe the mixture into small balls in lines across the baking sheet. Gently rub the top of each ball with a wet finger – this helps to make a crisper top.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven. Before closing the oven door, pour half a cup of water into the roasting tin at the bottom of the oven, then quickly shut the door. This helps to create more steam in the oven and make the pastry rise better. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden-brown – if the profiteroles are too pale they will become soggy when cool.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off. Prick the base of each profiterole with a skewer. Place back onto the baking sheet with the hole in the base facing upwards and return to the oven for five minutes. The warm air from the oven helps to dry out the middle of the profiteroles
- For the filling- mix together pudding mix powder, heavy cream and milk in a sauce pan. Bring to a light boil and stir until it forms a pudding consistency. Take off burner, put into bowl, cover and put in refrigerator to set.
- When the profiteroles are cold, use a piping bag to pipe the cream into the profiteroles.
- For the white chocolate sauce, place the chocolate and coconut oil into a small saucepan Heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.